CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, June 28, 2008

We're only happy if we shop until we drop. In search of bargains we will never stop.

Wednesday was a good day for me, I was especially proud of my self-control.

You see, I tend to be a bit of a shop-a-holic.

It all starts out innocently enough. I will make a list of things I need, and stick to that list dutifully. but somewhere in the mix, I will see something that I want, or have been wanting for a while, and if I know I have a little extra money, I grab it and put it in a cart. I will tell myself in my mind, naturally, that I am justified in what I have just put in the cart because we have the money, I've put off getting it, etc.

Most times, as I finally decide I am done at the store (or I am running late and need to leave) I will peruse my cart's contents and question whether or not I really can afford it, or need it, or deserve it. I have been known to literally empty out a whole cart except for the things that are on my list.

Wednesday, I didn't have a list. I went to the little salon where I occasionally get manicures and pedicures to wax my eyebrows. It's in a little plaza that is trumped by a Wal-Greens. As I had been in search for a backpack for a couple days for my trip to NYC for BrittCon, I decided to duck in there and see what they had...sometimes you will be surprised and find good stuff in the unlikeliest of places.

I ended up with a whole carry basket of stuff. i started to head to checkout, and sure enough, stopped and looked. it was filled with a bunch of crap I really didn't need. I forced myself to go back to where I had picked up each item, and place it back on the shelf. GO ME!

But I still needed a backpack. I headed to TJ Maxx....I didn't like the styles or prices, although I did see a bag for $7.99 that, at the time of this writing on Wednesday night, I may go back for on Thursday. But not before I perused the clothing, and seeing some stuff on sale, decided to go try a few things on....and then, I did it again. I made myself put back the 3 dresses and pj set I desperately wanted, but really did not need.

Having realized I was in compulsory mode, I quickly exited the store and headed home. I was proud that I had resisted the temptation. That day, anyway!

2 flame(s) added to the fire:

Unknown said...

Yea!!! I'm so proud of you! But see, that is exactly why I hesitate each time before going to the store.

The strength it requires to resist the temptation... I just don't have it.

Good for you, horray!

((and this weekend, I'm kinda' flying by the seat of my pants... and still trying to get out there))

Anonymous said...

I need to learn how to do that!