CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES �

Saturday, June 28, 2008

We're only happy if we shop until we drop. In search of bargains we will never stop.

Wednesday was a good day for me, I was especially proud of my self-control.

You see, I tend to be a bit of a shop-a-holic.

It all starts out innocently enough. I will make a list of things I need, and stick to that list dutifully. but somewhere in the mix, I will see something that I want, or have been wanting for a while, and if I know I have a little extra money, I grab it and put it in a cart. I will tell myself in my mind, naturally, that I am justified in what I have just put in the cart because we have the money, I've put off getting it, etc.

Most times, as I finally decide I am done at the store (or I am running late and need to leave) I will peruse my cart's contents and question whether or not I really can afford it, or need it, or deserve it. I have been known to literally empty out a whole cart except for the things that are on my list.

Wednesday, I didn't have a list. I went to the little salon where I occasionally get manicures and pedicures to wax my eyebrows. It's in a little plaza that is trumped by a Wal-Greens. As I had been in search for a backpack for a couple days for my trip to NYC for BrittCon, I decided to duck in there and see what they had...sometimes you will be surprised and find good stuff in the unlikeliest of places.

I ended up with a whole carry basket of stuff. i started to head to checkout, and sure enough, stopped and looked. it was filled with a bunch of crap I really didn't need. I forced myself to go back to where I had picked up each item, and place it back on the shelf. GO ME!

But I still needed a backpack. I headed to TJ Maxx....I didn't like the styles or prices, although I did see a bag for $7.99 that, at the time of this writing on Wednesday night, I may go back for on Thursday. But not before I perused the clothing, and seeing some stuff on sale, decided to go try a few things on....and then, I did it again. I made myself put back the 3 dresses and pj set I desperately wanted, but really did not need.

Having realized I was in compulsory mode, I quickly exited the store and headed home. I was proud that I had resisted the temptation. That day, anyway!

2 flame(s) added to the fire:

Anonymous said...

Yea!!! I'm so proud of you! But see, that is exactly why I hesitate each time before going to the store.

The strength it requires to resist the temptation... I just don't have it.

Good for you, horray!

((and this weekend, I'm kinda' flying by the seat of my pants... and still trying to get out there))

Anonymous said...

I need to learn how to do that!