CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, November 28, 2005

Class of 1995 Reunion

Sorry it's taken me so long to update..I know some of you have been anxious to read how it all went...but I blame technology, or rather the lack of it on my computer yesterday when I got back from Rhode Island. I also want to add to those of you who are reading this for the first time (some of my old classmates) I don't use my real name on this blog very often. I try to keep SOME level of anonyminity on the internet these days. Anyway--Sorry for the delay...without further ado, The Reunion....

Well, I got to Nessa's house on Saturday about 1 pm. We spent the afternoon reminiscing, looking through yearbooks, and trying to figure out who was going to come and who wasn't. About 4:30 we started to get ready. I had a glass and a half of wine to calm my nerves. Nessa had two. We needed it - we had the jitters!

I had tried on both outfits earleir, and Nessa also agreed the purple suit was the outfit I HAD to wear. So, with lots of giddiness I got dressed and did the make-up, Nessa and I switching back and forth between the bathroom and the vanity. We looked HOT! Here's are the pictures to prove it!




















The long 10 minute drive to the place of the reunion was filled with excitement and antici----pation. This was it, we were almsot there. We got out, fixed ourselves as best we could, took deep breaths....and went to the door. We walked in, and someone immediately recogized me.

"Oh my god, Cissa Lion!"





Yes, I got that a lot Saturday night. Some from people who I thought would not remember me from high school. Some who I never thought would even show up. It was great to see so many people changed, and more often than not, for the better. Everyone was so nice, and happy, and we all had great walks down memory lane. Some people who I thought would never remember me, were so happy to see me. It was just -- flabbergasting to see so many who I discovered being such amazing people that ngiht. I took a few pictures. The ones I am posting are only a few of the ones I took that night....

I think the highlights of my evening though were two things. FIRST - the best substitute teachers EVER in the history of substitute teaching made a surprise visit -- The Floris! They are twin brothes who dressed like 70's Elvis, and they NEVER did what was planned by the teachers. Or they'd give us the answers to the work that was left, or they's let us sit around and play cards, or something else. It was always a great day to walk into class and see one of them at the desk!

Then when the Floris had been cheered for their presence, the raffle was held. A lot of gift certificates to restaurants, and other places. You could tell how "popular" people were, or rather how well they were remembered by how loud they were cheered for when they won. Some barely got claps. Some got a little noise. A few got real loud cheers. There were some nice prizes, and a few people I knew won stuff! :)























But the piece de resistance was tickets to "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" at the Providence Performing Arts Center. Not jus any tickets though. ORCHESTRA 8th ROW tickets! All night, that was the only thing I wanted to win. I prayed and prayed I would get them -- AND I DID!!!! I could not believe it! I still can't. I take the tickets out every few minutes and look at them still - even 2 days later. The best part of winning them? well...remember what I said about the cheering? When I went up to claim my tickets, the guy running the auction, Jay, says "Alright! It's Cissa Lion everybody!" MY GOD, DID THEY ROAR FOR ME!!! I could not believe it. The whole experience was surreal....and so much fun!





I ran into so many people that night, I wish I had gotten all their e-mail addresses. Some of you who came to read this becasue you got an e-mail , I would like to say that it was such a great, great experience to see you all again! I hope we can all keep in touch this decade around. Now that you have visited here, you know where to find me!






I have to say, without a shred of doubt, that my high school reunion was definitely than Bon Jovi could have ever been. I am so glad I went. I am so glad I saw so many people who broguth me wonderful memories that night. I cannot wait to see you all again like that....There was talk of a 15 year reunion, I think. Anyone else gonna go? I'll be there!

5 flame(s) added to the fire:

Cissa Fireheart said...

Thank you Laurie and Dick!

The man with no wedding band? actually neither one is married. I know the one in the red shirt, Jim, has a girlfriend. But I am unsure about Sean, the one which made your mind to enquire his marital status. Perhaps someone from our class who comes to see this knows and can answer that for you?

Mia, Sarah? An enquiring mind would like to know....is Sean single and looking? A lovely woman from Detroit has piqued an interest in our young Sean there...hehe.... ;)

Bilingual Blah Girl said...

Cissa, we graduated the same year! My 10 year reunion was this summer but I didn't go. I did see pics someone else took, though.

Your hair and make-up look very glamourous! I'm not too sure about the suit - sorry! But it's great to read and see you had a fantastic time.

Anonymous said...

I recognize most of the people, but there's still a few who are a mystery. Would you mind listing names in order of pics?

Anonymous said...

You and Nessa look particularly great! Everyone else does too. So, sorry I couldn't make it. I was looking forward to see you, Nessa and Liza, among others. But it was 13 hours of driving in 2 days-I just couldn't do it. E-mail me.
gilmore_manock@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

You look GREAT and HAPPY!
Glad you had a fun time.