CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, June 02, 2008

We'll sweep this clear in 'alf a year, if you don't mind the work....

Goodness, whre to begin?

Well, it's been one hell of a last few days for me, that is for sure. i suppose this all started on Thursday, when I had a rather melancholy post, mainly whining, and I was hit with a sudden sense of dread and depression. I wasn't sure where it came from, and to be honest, it felt like a blanket of sadness was trying to smother me, quite suddenly...I sent an e-mail to my two closest friends here, Nicky & Brandi, asking them to please let us get together because I felt suddenly very depressed and wasn't sure why and I needed to vent. I talked to them both within the next few minutes between calls and e-mails, and it was decided I would meet them at Nicky's after work that night.

Fast forward about....4 hours, I called Nicky to check in with her, and I was told to go to Brandi's house. She seemed rather short about it and I asked what was wrong. I then found out that Brandi had found out about 2 hours prior that her mother was very ill, we're talking, dying, as in, may not make it through the month. As soon as work was done I raced to Brandi's and found out that her mother was on dialysis for a very rare kidney disease that affects 1 in about 3 billion people. yes I said BILLION...Since her mother is currently residing in NORWAY - like, Oslo, or somewhere abouts -- Brandi was heading to Norway as soon as humanly possible.

Oh yeah, that was a shocker, but also explained to me why the hell my sudden depression hit like a mack truck. Long story short....as a Pagan, when you perform Magick in a ritual or ceremony with, and also happen to be close friends with a person, a strong psychic bond is formed. I happen to be blessed with...foresight....about things from time to time. Ever get that feeling something is going to happen? Very specific, whether good or bad? About someone close to you? Yeah, I get those. Mainly it's about Misk or the kids, and for other people, I just get....a taste of what their emotional state of mind is going to be....I am still learning alot, and since I happen to suffer from depression and acute anxiety, I figured I was feeling this way because of my own life....nope, I was wrong, it was Brandi...freaky, huh?

So, Friday night, to keep Brandi from a meltdown and life as normal as possible for the rest of us, we all went to dinner and saw Sex and the City: the Movie. We laughed, we cried, we were disgusted...it was a good night. Cosmos before and after the movie were of course imbibed, and lots of good conversation was had by all.

The next day Brandi and another friend of ours, Kerri, headed to Norway. Nicky and I have been switching back and forth taking care of their Animals. All told, there are 7 ferrets, 2 dogs, 2 cats, and a parrot. It's been Wild Kingdom every other day for me, but fun as all heck. But between work, caring for animals and my family, that's left me little time to blog, so I've been twittering a bunch...(look to the right, under Follow Fireheart...yep, that's twitter)

So, another piece of interesting, and in my opinion, very exciting news, is that my sister Shell, was proposed to by her boyfriend on Friday night! Yes, my little sister is off the market, and marrying a wonderful guy! And guess who is Matron of Honor? Yours truly of course, and I couldn't be more thrilled. I am also happy to take on helping my sister to plan most of the wedding, and have even worked on finding her dress and a reception venue already! I am ON IT, lemme tell you people! I even went out and got a wedding planner book today at Borders! Woot!

So that, is pretty much how my weekend went...it's been crazy, but I wouldn't have it any other way...I hope you all are having a good week so far...

And the best news (rumor) I've heard yet today is Hilary Clinton will be dropping from the Presidential race tomorrow, officially! What a great way to end this post!

~Cissa

3 flame(s) added to the fire:

whall said...

Wow, you started off with some real downer stuff but ended with a politigasm!

Anonymous said...

So sorry about your friend's mom. I "get it" about that psychic connection. I have it too,but not as strong as others. I'll send positive energy your way.

Cissa Fireheart said...

Whall -- yeah I'm crazy like that...my brain totally jumps topics all the time....

MetalMom - Thanks! All positive healing energy is appreciated!