CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, June 09, 2008

It's getting hot in here, so take off all your clothes...

Well, I bet you all thought there would be a nekkid Cissa, eh?

Nope, not gonna happen. You would be mentally scarred, and I am afraid, my husband would probably try to make me shut down this blog.

Again, not gonna happen.

It's hot in Connecticut, today, I'm not talking just hot...it's like...the entire state got transplanted to Florida, without notice. And damn, is it hot!

At 7 am when I woke up, it was about 80 degrees outside my house...in the shade. Now see, my gov't housing is nice and all, and the house I am in, provides air conditioner shafts (TWKS) for you to put your A/C in for the summer...which is nice. But I only have 2....and they are in the bedrooms. My office -- which is also the room which faces the sun for the most time of the day-- NO A/C VENT....and no A/C unit for that matter. And the heat will continue to beat down on Connecticut for the remainder of the work-week. I have never wanted an air conditioner more in my life, and can't afford one at the moment.

I think this will be remedied on Friday. Correction: if I have to live on $1 hot dogs from the corner carts in NYC during the weekend of BrittCon, I will do so, because it means another A/C unit in this sweatbox.

But until then, I predict I will loose about 5 lbs from drinking water and sweating like a pretty little pig all week. Except the the time I spend in my bedroom, which at this point, I am thinking will be about oh....17 hours a day? heh. New London County has a heat index (what the weather will feel like of 97 today. Ninety-seven. degrees. Fahrenheit. Damn!

It's just like being home in FL, minus central air conditioning...I really miss that right about now, seriously....

May you all stay cool and hydrated,
~Cissa

1 flame(s) added to the fire:

whall said...

Just so you know, "losing 5 pounds" and "loosing 5 pounds" have DRASTICALLY different meanings to some.

For example, Coors' slogal "turn it loose" when translated directly to Spanish means something completely not what the marketing group wanted people to think.

PS: please don't correct the blog because then I'll look like an idiot.

PS: never mind the fact that I'm already looking like an idiot.