CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Worried about Mimi


A little while back (like about a week or so), Mimi, who is my neighbor and one of my closest friends here in CT, was complaining about having stomach pain. The pain went away though. Well, apparently, she had more. Tonight, she could not take the pain, this time longer and more intense than before. She called me to sit over at her house while Durk took her to the ER Clinic down the road. It was right before Baby Boy was to go down for the night, so of course, I was more than willing to watch/listen out for him.

About 7:50 PM they left. Durk called once, to let me know the cell number about 8:30. 2 hours later, just about 15 minutes ago, Durk called the house again. The ER Clinic thinks Mimi has apendicitis. What does that mean? Well...it means we probably WON'T be going to Bingo tomorrow night. It means my friend will have to have surgery again. This woman has had more than enough crap to deal with in the last year. Cancer, her son had muscle problems in his neck, she's in a place that she hates, and has had to fight to get a decent place to even live from housing. My friend does not need to have to have this scare. She is probably scared to death about her son who she loves more than anything. She is going to be freaking out that she might die and leav him with no mommy. I know her - she's doing it righ tnow. I would probably doing the same thing if it was me. I wish I could do more for her than just sit here, btu I know that watching her son is the best thing I can do for her right now.

I just hope that everything works out quickly and she's OK. I am waiting with baited breath for the phone to ring again...I'll keep you all updated.....

3 flame(s) added to the fire:

Dr.John said...

I just have a doctor's appointment today and i'm scared so i can guess how she feels. Thanks for letting us know.

Anonymous said...

Hoping things are going well for your friend.

Rebecca said...

Hope all is well for her. If it IS appendecitis - the good thing is, it doesn't kill you usually. :)

Let us know how she is...