CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, May 08, 2006

Home, Home Again

Well this weekend was fun for me.  Emmy did well at her T-Ball game.  Unfortuneately, I was running late, as per usual, and I was in a fit.  When we got to the game it was relaxing and fun.  After the game, Hubby asked me to stop by the mini-mart and get him some Dr. Pepper.  Fine. I just wanted to get home so I could LEAVE!!  as I was putting the Dr. Pepper case inthe car, the effing box broke and all the cans fell onto the ground and rolled in about 5 directions...2 of them spewed open, and the uncarriage of the truck and I got sprayed. I was PISSED. I got all the soda in the floor of the truck and headed home, grinding my teeth in anger.

We got home, and I quickly changed, packed up, and said my goodbyes to the kids and Hubby. Then I hit the road!  I blasted my RENT Soundtrack the whole way there, I sang my heart out.  I needed to feel better.  I was on my way for a fun evening afterall!  By the time La Vie Boheme came on, I was in a MUCH better mood.  I was also on the exit ramp off the highway and almost at Nessa's.

I got to Nessa's house about...5 minutes later.  Got my stuff upstairs and hung out with Nessa and Dave, her fiance'.  We hung out for a couple hours.  I even went downstairs and talked to Nessa's Mom about her shower.  I can't talk about it here, because Nessa comes to the blog, and she doesn't want to know too much about it...needless to say, decisions were made, a date was picked, and the invites will be in the mail in a week...YAY. Dave left to go to work, and we were on our own.

We decided that it would be better if we cooked dinner and hung out instead of paying more money for eating out... Headed out to the grocery store, got stuff for tacos and deserts, and it was only $20. Not too shabby!  As we cooked I called Hubby and checcked in.  Then Nessa started pouring the wine.  We ate dinner and then decided to work on what we would wear to the Engagement Party the next day. I tried on some outfits and we picked mine out. Nessa then decided she had nothing, and since she had recently aquired a Burlington Coat Factory gift card, we headed there. 

It was fun, we tried on stuff (me too) and had fun trying to aquire the perfect outfit that would be nice for the party, but that she could double as a work outfit at her new job.  We found a great skirt and sweater-weight tank, and she realized she could use a great blazer with it for work -- PERFECT!  She looked great in it and so we paid for it and went home.

Oh wait, I need to mention a couple things - first the store.  Actually make that the customers.  There was a group of people who had their kids at the changing rooms, and they were NOT paying attention to them, and letting them run around and act like animals. TWICE a little head popped under my changing room door while I was half-nekkid.  Now, normally, if it were my kids, I would not be bothered. But I didn't knwo these people, and I didn't appreciate having to be guarded about my changing room experience.  Ness and I were disgusted with the apathy of the parents.  I hate trash like that. grrrr...

Second - Nessa also had to get a pair of sandals. she promised the person who gave her the gift card that she would get some with it, so we headed to shoes. Now I love shoes, but I am not a big fan of heels. BCF has MOSTLY heels and old lady shoes. Nessa found some great wedge heels from Steve Madden and she was in heaven.  I was looking around for prosterity, and I found 2 pairs of heeled sandals that I AM going to buy eventually.  My problem is I have wide feet. Dress shoes/heels are usually nrrow in nature. My feet and heels do not mix well.  But the 2 pair I tried on, OH MY GOD!!  They were awesome!!  I mean it was like 7 at night, my feet were about as swelled as they would get, and these two pairs were comfy, and the height of the heel wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.  AND both pairs were under $15 EACH...yeah, I am going to the BCF here in town and getting them next week....

So we went home, drank some more wine, ate some desserts and watched Monty Python's The Meaning of Life.  This is my favorite Monty Python flick.  We talked, laughed, and had a good time.  Then we realized - we...were...tired!!

So, we climed into bed and started to watch SNL. Tom Hanks was the host.  It was ok.  I called Hubby again to say good night, and watched SNL until after the musical guest (Red Hot Chili Peppers) did their first song.  I actaully dozed off in the middle of it, and at the end when the audience was cheering I woke and turned off the tv...then it was off to slumber land.....

I'll stop there.  I can't write about the Engagement Party just yet anyway. I am waiting to get pictures from Dave.  I HAVE to have the pictures to explain it better...truly I do....

So that was my Saturday.  I had a great night, and I know Nessa did too.....I am so glad that we are friends! YAY! And I get to see her again in 2 weeks!  I'll bring the wine this time Nessa! And be prepared for CHINESE!! YEAH!

6 flame(s) added to the fire:

Anonymous said...

DAMMIT!!
I was so looking forward to your recap of the party. Stop keeping me in suspense! O wait, I was there, I know what happened... still, I know you'll put a great spin on it. Everyone I've told so far loves the nightie story! Cissa, I lift this glass of wine in salute to you and a fabulously fun weekend. See you soon!

B.R.L said...

I am glad you had a fun weekend, Can't wait to hear the party story.

I also have trouble finding comfortable shoes, that regular shoes forget about heels.

:P fuzzbox said...

Nothing quite like a good Monty Python flick. Although the holy graille is my fave.

Dr.John said...

The pop incident reminded me of a time when I was teen ager. My dad said I could have the car but then said I had to go get him some pop first. I was not happy. I through the two bid bottles of coke on the front seat. As I drive hime, muttering all the way they rolled and then suddenly they bumped each other and exploded. There was pop over everything and it was a new car. My dad was so ticked he didn't let e use the car. Now when I look back I realize that if I hadn't been ticked in the first place I would have seperated the bottles properly.

Anonymous said...

that sounds like fun!
Food, shopping, Monty Python ... although I am with fuzzbox, the Holy Grail Rocks! "Bring out yer dead" :)

Jay Noel said...

Sounds like such a fantastic weekend. It's too bad you missed Tom Hanks doing a spoof of a stupid 1990s techno song. Funny stuff.