CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, May 15, 2006

Stress Levels Decreasing, Dr. Mc Dreamy....

So, my crazy week ended with a lovely Mother's Day. As many of you know, I stay up well past midnight most nights, and so on Saturday, after a fun 3 hour guild raid in EverQuest 2, at about 11:30 or so, I retired up to my room to read for a bit before I attempted to sleep.....

Hubby came up the stairs a little while later and wished me a Happy Mother's Day. It was after midnight after all, so it was nice. He then informed me he had something in his shorts for me. Har-har. I pulled his waistband open and told him with a snicker that I had already seen that, and wasn't in the mood for it. He then gave a whiny "Awwwww..." and proceded to fish in his pocket for something. I assumed it was to adjust himself. I was wrong. Oh so very wrong....

I would like to take this moment to say, that Hubby is reading over my shoulder while I type this. So anything he doesn't like, is just tough cookies.....

I have the most wonderful husband many days of the week. This fact was especially true about 5 minutes after midnight when I was presented with a little jewelery box that was pulled from his pockect where I mentioned earlier I assumed he was adjusting his ..... equipment.

I must inform you, I just got a good kiss and a chuckle while he asked "You really wanted the "equipment" didn't you?" "Yep" *rolled eyes*. "I knew you did."

ANYWAY..what was in the box, you ask? well after I squealed with delight, I opened the little box. I honestly was surprised, because I didn't really give any indication that I wanted anything for Mother's Day this year, except a day off. I was promised a day off. I got my day off, and it was FABULOUS. The least stressful day I've had in at least 2 weeks...oh yeah, back to the box....I opened it and here's what was inside....



I got LOVELY gold tear drop design post earrings that had real pearls at the bottom, and upon further inspection, I discovered that said earrings also had a tiny diamond accent on them. I gasped with awe and delight. I gushed about their beauty. Hubby told me that he got the idea last week when I was packing for Nessa's house, because I had packed a pearl necklace I have because it would have gone with one of the 5 outfits I had proposed for the Engagement Party...(which I know I still have to write about...Nessa I need Dave's email!). Incidentally, this is also the necklace I am wearing with the bridesmaid gown for the wedding. I have one pair of pearl earings, but the pearls are quite large, and I wasn't sure I was going to wear them....

ANYWAY, I put the earrings on and ran to look in the bathroom. I LOVE THESE EARRINGS!! They are classy and pretty, and Hubby has EXCELLENT taste in jewelry, but I am always amazed at how perfect the things he chooses look on me. Needless to say, my Mother's Day was getting off to a great start. All day I gushed about those earrings, making sure to thank Hubby over and over and tell him how much I love those earrings. Because I truly do. And I can't wait to wear them this weekend to my Parents' 25th Anniversary Party....

I am rambling, I know....but I cannot get over these earrings.....so Mother's Day was nice. I got a hand painted (litterally, it's a handprint) tile and samll jewelry box that Emily made in school. Hubby informed me that Kaity actually picked out the earrings, so they were partly from her too. I got to lounge in bed, and watch TV. Hubby even went to Dunkin' Donuts and served me breakfast in bed. I watched part of the Queer Eye marathon on Bravo. I was in the middle of picking a DVD to watch when the phone rang.....

damn I must leave you with a cliff hanger for now. It's time to get dressed and take Emily to school....I'll finish after I drop her off!!

3 flame(s) added to the fire:

Dr.John said...

I love to read about husbands that do nice things for their wives. Thanks for sharing with us.

Anonymous said...

They are beautiful

B.R.L said...

Oh your hubby was great. I am glad you had a great day also.