CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Back to routine?

Well yesterday Em went with her classmate Justin to his grandpa's house. Justin's grandpa LOVES Emily. The last 2 times Emily has gone, she has come home with a new porcelain doll. Yesterday was no different.

While Em was away, and Kaity was napping, Mom was over doing laundry. Hubby and I took this opportunity to go to Home Depot and finally finally get a new pantry for the kitchen, and a wardrobe, freestanding closet type thingy for all our linens, since this house came without a closet for such items... I am so excited. We got most of the pantry put together last night, and I cleaned the kitchen. Today after getting some business done on base, we will take care of the rest of the pantry and start on the linen closet. Can it be true? I might actually get rid of some of the boxes that have been piled in my room since July??? *gasp* I cannot fathom it! Will my food and small appliances actually be "away" and not sitting on plastic shelving where little hands can access them all the time? *gasp* It must be true!!! Joy of Joys! Praise Jesus!

Anyway....Today Emily goes back to school after "Winter Break" as they call it these days. FINALLY!!....As of MONDAY, life will be back to normal! HOORAY!!!

As much as I like the Holidays, and being around my family....after a while, I just need normalcy...things back to how they usually go. It helps me get through the day to know I have a routine, ya know?When Em and Hubby are on vacation from school and work, a money wrench is thrown in. I am glad though that I got the time with them.....

Speaking of our time together...tomorrow is a special day for Us. He doesn't realize it at the moment...and I will write about it tomorrow...something else to write about....incentive, we'll call it, to update tomorrow....

Happy Trails.....

4 flame(s) added to the fire:

:P fuzzbox said...

I hate putting those things together. There is always something missing or the instructions were wrote by someone with questionable language skills. Good luck with getting them all together.

Anonymous said...

I am always thankful when stand down ends. I like my routine!!!!

Dear Jane... said...

I actually was sad when "winter break" ended. I like the freedom to sleep in & wear Jammies all day if we please...

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your routine is getting back to normal - I know it drives me crazy when mine is upset...lol!