CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sumptuous Sunday - A New Series - Week 1

I decided to start something new on the Blogosphere: Sumptuous Sundays! Dawg Snacks on Sunday & does Cereal Wednesday , Snackie Snacks (albeit words, not food), and dang it, it gets me hungry for life. I love food (obviously), so I am gonna start this bad-boy of a series!

Here's how it will work: Every Sunday I will post a recipe that I enjoy. Not just anything from my cookbook, but a sumptuous kick-ass recipe that I myself have eaten over and over again. If you have a kick-ass recipe you want to share, email it to me at heartofire@tvcconnect.net. I will try a couple recipes a week. If I find yours is incredibly Sumptuous, I will post it here on the blog, giving my reaction and singing your praises. I'm working on a little icon you can post and link back to the day you were featured! :)

This week's inaugural recipe was posted in the New London Day on Wednesday, and it's a recipe from a local restaurant that I have visited quite a few times since I discovered it a few months ago. It's summer, so this is great for any parties and BBQ's you may throw in the next 6 weeks. it truly kicks ass, and believe me, people will be asking you for the recipe ALL THE TIME!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present......


NORTH END DELI'S CREAMY PASTA SALAD

Serves 12-15

1 POUND CAVATAPPI PASTA, COOKED, RINSED AND DRAINED

1 CUP CHOPPED CELERY

1 CUP CHOPPED RED ONION

1 CUP CHOPPED FRESH BROCCOLI (STEAMED OR RAW)

1 CUP CHOPPED CARROT

1 CUP SHREDDED CARROT

1 CUP CHOPPED GREEN PEPPER

1 CUP CHOPPED RED PEPPER

1/2 CUP SLICED BLACK OLIVES

SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE

1 CUP MAYONNAISE

1 CUP RANCH DRESSING

2 TABLESPOONS PARSLEY (FRESH OR DRIED)

Combine the vegetables with the cooked pasta, and hand toss until well mixed. Add the mayonnaise and the ranch dressing, combining thoroughly. Sprinkle with parsley, and chill before serving.


Talk about delicious! Absolutely Sumptuous, I tell you!

So that's it for the very first Sumptuous Sunday. Next week, another recipe, and maybe it will be YOURS!

~Cissa

4 flame(s) added to the fire:

whall said...

You had me at Sump.

Unknown said...

I think I may have to submit a couple recepies and start cooking now. Damnit! lol

Cissa Fireheart said...

Whall - YAY! Glad you like the concept! Enjoy the mac salad, it rocks!

Tink - well you ARE on vacation, might as well make some good food!

Mary said...

That looks fabulous. It will have to go into next weeks roatation, as I just got home from grocery shopping!

Can't wait to see more.