CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Heartache to heartache, we stand......

Thanks to those who inquired in comments or privately about Misk and his nose. He's doing a lot better today, having progressed a big step everyday since his Surgery. Thursdays blood was enough to make me queasy a lot of the day, but I just turned my head and did something else. he gets the silicone tubes that are keeping his nose structure in tact out tomorrow, and I am sure there will be more blood, but I am hoping no nose structure changes.

It's been a fairly relaxing weekend. Friday I hung out with my girlfriends at one of their houses, Saturday, Misk let ME sleep in, then I watched more episodes of Weeds on Netflix....We had a lovely family dinner, which just at the end was punctured by the telephone ringing. I answered it, and it was Mom in RI, who was calling again. My cousin Dino somehow got her a cell phone so she checks in every few days....because ya know, spending a whole year with her means I want to hear from her all the time now, apparently.....

"Hey Mom, how are you?"

"Listen, I got some bad news,"

My mind raced, and I felt my body go ridgid and slightly numb. Please, please, please, don't tell me that you need a place to stay, I am not giving up my clean and comfortable home again!! OMG what if someone DIED??? Oh fuck, oh fuck! So I sat down.

"Ok, what happened?"

"Aunty Shirley has breast cancer."

"......WHAT?!" I was glad I was sitting, because I felt like I was suddenly in a tunnel.

Then my mom explained that she's gonna be on radiation, because of her diabetes, she can't be on chemo, or something. It's all hit me just now, while reading some other people's blogs on my news reader, that my aunt is battling something that I have never really experienced before. I don't know how to handle this, how to help, or anything. Hell, I don't think there is much I can do to help.

Now, my aunt and I weren't always on good terms, and I am glad to say that since I became an adult, married and became a mother, things have progressed nicely. but it's still a mind fuck to believe this could happen to this woman. This woman has been through so much in the last 15 years, it seems wholly unfair that she should have to deal with it. Seriously. I could go into it in detail, but to sum it up lets just say...she lost her husband, her mother, her sister, another sister had a stroke, but is a barely functioning person now, has had to move, been through a ton of crap with a lawsuit, and most recently moved 2 sisters back home from where they were. And that's just the stuff I know about.

Then I remember life isn't fair...we all know that. But I believe that there is such a thing as threefold in return for what you get/deal with, and this woman is definitely up for some goodness coming her way. Especially now.

Please keep your thoughts and prayers for a few seconds for my Aunt Shirley when you do your worship thing in the coming months. She needs all the good juju she can get.

~Cissa

2 flame(s) added to the fire:

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear that you're dealing with this - -

I don't think that there is anything you can really do to help except be yourself & give all the love you can. Being a friend to someone means more than just trying to do things.

But you're smart and probably knew that already. :-)

Much love! ~H2~

Anonymous said...

dammit, i really hate cancer. hating that breast cancer has now entered into your life by way of your aunt. good news if they caught it early radiation can be incredibly effective. regardless, i will certainly be praying for you and your entire family.

glad to hear that your hubby is progressing well. keep us posted!!

all the best,

becky