CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, March 23, 2008

He Is Risen...

Happy Easter



A Happy Easter to you all.

Today is normally a joyous day for everyone. Easter Bunnies, rejoicing in Jesus' Sacrifice and Resurrection (if you are a Christian), big family dinners, etc.

I'm not such a fan.

Sure, I enjoyed having the Easter Bunny's Helper last night and giggled as Emily and I laid out eggs in the back yard. I watched with a bit of glee as he girls scrambled to find eggs, and felt pride as Emily pointed out a few for her little sister to find, and didn't hog all the eggs.

But that's about where it ends.

I know I had a link with Mae's Story on my previous layout, and I will have it back up soon. but for now, it's not up. So I will summarize.

My firstborn, Ruth Mae, was born and died on Easter. Even though it's a different date every year, the fact of the matter is, that holiday she died. So for me, this is a bittersweet holiday. I'm just a bit quieter today. I looked at the date and realized there is exactly one month until her birth/deathday. April will be here next week. I am not looking forward to it...

So if you celebrate today, please embrace it.

Enjoy your candy, singing, ham dinner, and family. I will enjoy it, if only with slightly less enthusiasm of other holidays. But I have enjoyed my children this morning, and I thank my lucky stars that I have them in my life.

See you all next week,

~Cissa

2 flame(s) added to the fire:

Anonymous said...

I love you. *hugs*

Anonymous said...

Wow Cissa...

I'm speechless and sorry.