CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Get up, come on get down with the sickness ....

So about 8 hours after my last post, I fell ill. Quite suddenly actually, while I was at work. I felt faint and kinda spacey, very tired; I had an ache all over my body and I equated it to being hit with a Mack truck ...or maybe a Peterbilt...anyway, I somehow made it through the rest of my workday and when I got home, I took my temperature...102! So I took some Nyquil and called it a night...but not before getting the chills and then sweats in a semi-rapid succession....

Next morning is when the coughing started. I figured it was from my Nyquil-induced sleep, where I sleep lightly, but with my mouth open, or so Hubby says. No, it simply progressed worse and worse throughout the day. By Tuesday, it was so bad, and after a 2nd night of not sleeping so great, at Hubby's suggestion, I broke down and called the Med Clinic for an appt.

Some other non-significant stuff happened through the day and I continued to suffer until my appointment. The doctor diagnosed what I had suspected, having had it more times than I can count: Bronchitis. I know I have documented having Bronchitis on this blog at least once before, if not twice....I will have to look up and find out when....anyway, I was given some antibiotics and Robitussin with Codeine. I thought "Wow, I must be bad if the Doc wants to knock me out!"

I took the antibiotic and felt good enough that evening to go to an event with my ex-boat wives. It probably was a bad idea, but I felt a lot better from one dose. That night I got home, took the Robi w/ Codeine and was ready for uninterrupted blissful night of good old-fashioned healing....which did NOT happen. Apparently, my body has some sort of ironic disorder, where the effects of Codeine are opposite. Instead of sleeping all night, I was awake, fitful, tossing and turning. Add on a Bronchial Cough, and you can understand the hell I was in. The next night, I tried again, not getting to sleep until nearly 4 am, thus confirming my suspicions: Coedine wakes me up, instead of putting me to sleep like normal people.

Well it's Sunday and I feel almost 100%. I still have an occasional cough, but nothing that is so detrimental I cannot function. I even went to work yesterday and will go again in 2 hours. I must be better. Although truth be told, I took my 1st sick day in 7 months on Thursday and with great pride pointed that out to my boss yesterday morning.

So I am better. But it's been one HELL of a week. I hope you all have had a better days out there!

I am going to try and change my background now...wish me luck! See you all next week...

~Cissa

2 flame(s) added to the fire:

Dr.John said...

Sleeping pills affect me the same way as your medicine. They do not put me to sleep.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better.... and that you had a chance to remind your boss what a good employee you are : )