CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Where were you when the world stopped turning that September day?

I will always remember.....

I can't say I will ever be the same, can anyone? Some people are tired of it, the remembrances. I'm not. I wasn't there, I only saw images on a television. But I can remember the jolt of realization crossing that bridge over the Ala Moana in Honolulu, walking to my job in the 2nd tallest building in the city, that my husband, who had been gone on a 6-month deployment and was only gone about 6 weeks, might not come home. I nearly collapsed. That's a feeling I won't ever forget, and it pushes me to strive when I think things can't get worse.

7 years later...so many other wives, husbands, mothers, fathers, sons, and daughters have actually had to know their Soldiers, Sailors, Marines or Airmen weren't coming back. All because some people assumed the answer to September 11th, 2001 was to start something they thought they could finish.

At my trip to NYC this past summer, we came upon something amazing. Well, not really at first, but thanks to Karl, we got off the tour bus at an unscheduled stop. We looked for a minute, then stopped and really looked. The following show all the tiles and the ones that especially struck a chord with me....These are my remembrances.



May we all find a little peace today. May we never forget what we all are capable of, and try to think of ways to change our own nature to save ourselves and the world around us.

~Cissa

4 flame(s) added to the fire:

whall said...

Those are some pretty cool tiles.

I was at work, I remember being in my cube, and we were all watching our computers or in the breakroom after getting the CNN page on my skytel, and I kept thinking - why is everyone so enamored with this story? We have work to do? We're moving in less than a month!

But I was thinking that before the 2nd building collapsed and before it was announced that it was terrorist-related. That changed my priorities some.

Willie G said...

Great post. I will never forget. This was a defining day in my life. Suddenly what I had always assumed was untouchable now joined the remainder of the vulnerable world.

Lori said...

That picture caught my eye when you posted after your NYC trip. I'm so glad you captured that!
I didn't post yesterday - I watched documentaries about 9/11 most of the day, and tried to give the day the respect it deserved - not forgetting all those lives.
But I didn't post about it - I just couldn't think of anything that could begin to do it justice.
However - I think you did very well.
Hope you feel better! (I read today's post first but wanted to post here.)

Poppy said...

We have to be changed. If we were not affected and changed by that day then history is doomed to repeat itself, on similar scales, larger scales, and smaller, daily scales. So, it is good that we are changed. There is good from any situation, we just have to look for it.