CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, September 25, 2008

'Cause everything is new, and everything is you....

I've been hemming and hawing for a while about wanting a new blog layout/design. I don't have a lot of money right now, so I have been browsing for a good free one. Suffice to say, I don't like anything that's out there. So I thought, OK, I'll just...make my own. It can't be that hard, right?

My problem now is that I don't have a freakin' CLUE where to start....

So I am asking all of you, those of you who are so....graphically and technologically inclined to help me. Know of a good step by step site where I can learn to make my own template? Something a little more....original than this thing I have right here? Truly, this is just a bastardization of one of the generic templates, we all know that. With the exception of the flaming heart that I found years ago somewhere, I can't even remember, I have nothing to go with.

Even better, if you know how to manipulate Paint Shop Pro, if you could help me to make my own graphics, that would help too. Hell, if you are someone who is super talented and loves to help out, I'm also open to you donating elements of design like a logo or something! (hint, hint Dave... ;P )

Essentially, I need a "For Dummies" concept to teach myself. Because right now? I'm lost. I mean I know what I want. I've got the concept stored in my little noggin, just waiting to be made. I just don't know how to execute. I'm willing to do all the work on my own. I just need to know how.

And I keep repeating myself...LOL

So...feel free to email me at heartofire@tvcconnect.net or leave a comment with suggestions/website lists of where I can learn to do this on my own.

Thank you!

In other news, I had a great interview yesterday. The Project Manager, who would be my boss, was impressed with the knowledge of the 'net I have, and was really impressed that I had done so much research on the company. He was also impressed that I was familiar with blogging, Twitter, teaching myself HTML and whatnot. It lasted nearly an hour, and I think I did well. Really well. So well that I expect a call by tomorrow saying I am hired. Everything is perfect about this job, really. Well except the parking....but it's New London, so of course, I would have to fork over $50 a week to park. But since the company compensates for $30 a week of parking, it's really only $20. Pretty damn nice, eh?

ok, back to the grind of figuring out templates....

~Cissa

1 flame(s) added to the fire:

Poppy said...

YAY! I will continue keeping my fingers and toes crossed until you say you got the job!!!

And $80-100/month for parking (for those months with 5 weeks) out of pocket isn't horrible... I just got a ticket for more than that for parking a few feet too close to a hydrant. :(