CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

A time you may embrace, a time to refrain from embracing ...

Aaaand, it's September!

First, I want to say THANK YOU to all you folks who stopped by and left Birthday Wishes. it was nice to know that you all read the blog and took the time to say Happy Birthday. It was one of the best presents I got Sunday (after my Cuisinart waffle maker, Revereware knife set and fresh Heather-colored bedsheets - hehe)

That was one of the fastest summers ever, wasn't it? But all good things must come to an end, and we must move on. Circle of life and all that. Time to reap the harvest and enjoy the fruits of the labor of the spring and summer.

My last weekend of the summer on The Vineyard was great, but I have so much to look forward to for Autumn, I don't think I will mourn too much. For instance, school has started for the kids....sure it started Thursday, but now that the first few days are over, the kids will hunker down and actually learn stuff. That's great, right? plus, I get the added bonus of peace and quiet in the house while everyone else is at school or work. I can have quiet moments to blog, read blogs, surf, etc. The craziness of my life is postponed everyday until 3:30...it's nice.

The kids on their first day, don't they look great?

Autumn is my favorite season. it used to be summer, but now that I am an adult, and hot weather tends to irritate me more, I look forward to the cool, crisp air. Warm sweatshirts, jeans and my clogs. And there are fun things to do in autumn that just give me the warm fuzzies. Apple picking will be in full swing in a couple weeks, and I can't wait. Apple pies and treats galor. A few week after that time to get pumpkins, fresh from the farms and orchards around here. hay rides, Halloween, which for me IS a holiday....all in all, a great great time.

Sunday is Emily's first Flag Cheer game, and I can't wait! It will be cute to watch the kids. They have been working hard on the cheers, and it's hilarious to watch some of them with one cheer that includes hip shaking. I am laughing just thinking about practice tonight!

It's nice when I can sit back and think about how much I am enjoying life right now. Autumn does that to me. I enjoy it so much....

So I hope that as September is here, you all will take time to embrace it. Enjoy it. Remember it.

Autumn is time for change, and I am welcomng it with open arms...

~Cissa

6 flame(s) added to the fire:

whall said...

Heather is a color? I thought it was a comedy.

Unknown said...

super cute picture and happy belated b-day. those haircuts look familiar...cissa circa 1992?

Poppy said...

Your younger daughter looks like she has a very old soul -- does she?

Congrats to their first day of school! Whee!

Lex Valentine said...

I've been shut off from blogging working on a writing project. So a very happy belated birthday to you!

hello haha narf said...

oh my goodness, those kids are cute. is it wrong that i wanna squeeze the little one?

hello haha narf said...

wanna squeeze the older one, too.
and neither of those squeezes is in the creepy way.