CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, August 04, 2008

What a long strange trip it's been.....

...so, I didn't get the job. I'm OK about it though.....it wasn't meant to be apparently.

I appreciate that you all left messages of encouragement on Twitter, and email and comments. I just didn't have the time to answer back. I had one hell of a weekend.

Thursday, my kids had their school and sports physicals. That meant a great chunk of my day was spent at the NACC. Kaity got 5 shots, but she did great. She even asked them for sticker for her sister so Emily wouldn't be jealous. how sweet!

Friday...well Friday I was up at 8 am, so I could be at Borders before 9 am so I could get my wristband for the Breaking Dawn release party....I met with Brandi & Kerri and my kids, and was first in line! woot! As I was leaving, Brandi asked if I wanted to go with her to Lake Compounce, her treat. I was up for it, as long as I was at Borders by 10 PM, so we changed, packed some towels, and headed there. After an incredibly crazy drive (high speeds, unfamiliar area, me the defensive driver do not make a good combo) we had a great day of rides, food, water fun, then headed back (I let Kerri drive home cause I hate driving at night) and I literally dropped the kids, flew into a change of clothes and headed out to Borders!

I met Brandi and Kerri again at Borders and we hung out until 12:01, when I got my book, flew home and started to read Breaking Dawn at about 12:30. I finally passed out around 5:00 am and slept til 12pm, when Misk decided that I should be woken up because he wanted to go to lunch. I sent him and the kids off, and read some more, after many interruptions from the kids, I finally was able to finish the book.

If you have read any of the Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer, you will understand that this was the most anticipated book sine the last Harry potter. I am still, 3 days later, processing everything that happened in Breaking Dawn. My Lord & Lady, it was AWESOME!!

I got a call from Brandi about our Saturday night plans, showered, and headed out to meet the Ladies. We had dinner, then went back to Brandi's to change, gussy up and headed to Shrine, the newest nightclub at MGM grand at Foxwoods. It was smaller than I was anticipating, but there was no lack of good looking people, male and female, and I was feeling particularly...uncomfortable about my size, until about halfway through the night, and after about 5 drinks that I finally stopped giving a damn, and danced my little heart out.

Apparently the key to attracting guys to dance with is confidence (something I tend forget after being married for almost 10 years), because after that I was dancing with attractive men all night long. It was a definite boost to my ego, and I had such a good time! Erin got extremely tipsy, and we all had a lot of laughs on the way home at each other's expense, because we all were flying high from the night. We finally got to bed about 3 am, with Erin deciding that talking until she passed out, in her groggy state, was the way to go hehe (sorry Erin, I had to mention it!)

Sunday morning, we were actually all up by about 9:30am, but after 5 women are up, showered, and out the door, it was nearly 10:45 and we still had to go to the store for food for the Lughnasadh Sabbat Ritual. The location was a 1 1/2 hour drive from there, so, by the time we finally got there, got started and started the ritual it was nearly 2. I was asked to be a "maiden" to invoke one of the Elements, and I was honored. I invoked Air from the East. It was a powerful ritual, and I thoroughly enjoyed it, as per usual. After the ritual was our usual feast and hanging out, and by the time we left it was 7:30 PM, then another 1.5 hours back to Brandi's and another 45 minutes home (I had to stop and get Misk and the kids dinner because he was too damn lazy to drive the 1.5 miles to KFC).

After arriving home, it was about 9pm, and I was just too tired to update, so I watched Army Wives with Misk and went to sleep...and that brings us to the here and now :)

So that was my weekend. Crazy but absolutely loads of fun. The job search continues today, and hopefully, I will find a few prospects :)

Have a great Monday, all!

~Cissa

1 flame(s) added to the fire:

Karl said...

I've never heard of these Twilight books until the last few days with everyone freaking out about them. Gonna have to check this series out.

Sorry you didn't get the job, Cissa.