CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, August 24, 2008

...And many more!


Three years ago today, I began this blog on a whim. My friend and fellow Balehead, Jeopardygirl, who has since closed 2 blogs, had started a blog and after reading a little of hers, it seemed like a good idea to try one out again. I had one previously, and to be honest, I can't remember what it was about. I barely wrote on it.

I have shared many things with you all on this blog over the years. My joys, sorrows, anger, fears.....and as below the title it says: confessions, flames, rants, raves, and everything in-between.

I've had dry patched where I've lost my energy and motivation, but I have also come back and made some cool friends...some of you whom I've even gotten the chance to meet. It's been awesome, and I am hoping that the awesomeness continues as my life, and my little world continues on with new adventures in life.

In 7 days I turn 31. It's weird to think that, because many days I am just waiting for someone to come to me and say "OK Cissa, the gig's up, stop pretending you are a grown-up and get back to class." Then there are the days I hear the phone ring and expect Death to say "Seriosuly Cissa, get yer ass over here because your time is up, old lady!" hehe. I think this a good thing to still have so many days in my life where I feel like a teenager, to space out all those random moments of feeling very ancient.

My children start school on Thursday, and on Friday after school, we head up to The Vineyard to see my family. This summer I have been to the Vineyard 2 times, both for nice visits, even if this one is only for 3 1/2 days it will seem like much longer. I will enjoy my birthday weekend among family, and I hope friends, and it will be a nice change of pace. It seems funny to think a year ago I was celebrating 30 with 2 friends at a bingo hall. Thsi year, my friends had actually been upset that I wasn't going to be around so they could have a party. Overall, a pretty decent change of events.

Now that all of their husband's have come home this week from deployment, it's been lonely. Misk has been around, but I still miss my friends. I'll get over it and eventually they will want to get together again, but I have a feeling it won't be the same. As much as I have enjoyed my friends' happiness to see thier men come home, I am slightly envious. I don't get to have the happy homecoming anymore, at least not for this year, and it bums me out. There's a ....rush of excitement; picking out what outft you will wear, rushing to clean the house because you just haven't had the time to do it since you've been busy for 6 months not thinking too much about how much you miss your husband. The exhiliration of watching the guys come off the pier and wondering how much weight he's lost, and will you recognize him and vice versa? And as always...the first kiss. I miss that most of all.

*sigh*

But I digress. You see what I mean about my sharing with you? If I didn't have this blog, and my 10-15 regular visitors, I'd have no one at all to share all this with...and for that I am grateful.

So Happy 3rd Blogiversary to me! And maybe for my 4th it will get even better!

~Cissa

3 flame(s) added to the fire:

Lex Valentine said...

Happy Blogiversary, Cissa!

jeopardygirl said...

Hey, Happy Blogiversary. I'm still reading.

Unknown said...

A bit late, sorry for that. But I really wanted to say Happy Blogiversary!