CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, May 26, 2008

And I won't forget the ones who died, who gave that right to me...

Today is a National Holiday to honor those who have served the United States to keep our Freedoms intact. The US has lost so many soldiers, sailors, marines and airmen over it's nearly 300 year history, it's unfathomable to know that these men and women have sacrificed so that we can enjoy so much that we take for granted.


I for one, find today especially emotional. Being the wife of a Sailor has it's tough moments. Especially for some of my friends, whose husbands are currently "out there" doing their job. I have been in their shoes, obviously, and though my husband is home right now, I know that theoretically, sometime in the near future, my husband will be back on a boat doing this again.


So, I know that I personally will be participating in the "National Moment of Silence" today at 3 PM. But it won't be just for the service members who gave their lives, and who continue to do so that we should honor and remember...please remember that wives, husbands, children, mothers and fathers also serve this country. Many of us sacrifice our own lives, jobs, minds, and hearts when our military member leaves for a deployment, whether on land, sea or air. over 4,000 men and women from the United States have now died in the Middle East this time around. The immediate family members of those who we have lost in the last 7 years should also be honored, because they have been home, they have suffered the greatest loss, and silently (for the most part) have sacrificed their lives as well to keep this country Free.


God(dess) Bless the U.S.A. Land of the Free, Home of the Brave.

0 flame(s) added to the fire: