CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Sniffles and Hacking and Boogers, Oh My!

My kids have colds. My oldest started coughing a few days ago, mostly during sleep, but I heard it all the same. I do the temperture check, gland check - everything normal. She begs to go to school. I let her. The youngest is fine. Well, a runny nose, but that's almost normal in this house. My husband has had a stuffed up nose for nearly 32 years. Of course my kids would inherit that.

Two days later, today, both my girls are practically hacking up hairballs. Runny noses have become rivers of boogers. Sneezing, and yep, even a slight fever. I know Emily is feeling like crap because even though she had a "camp out" on the couch downstairs last night, as I type this, she is snuggled in bed, in her room. This is the child who will try ANY tactic to go to bed later, or try to convince me she doesn't need to at all. And she has voluntarily climbed in -- in broad daylight. I am hoping against hope that they get over this by Monday. If they are too sick to go trick or treating, I'll never hear the end of it!

Their sickness is a sign that I will soon contract it myself. When most of my day is spent with them, it's only a matter of time before the boogers jump from their noses to mine. It will be mere moments before my throat swells, and I feel like I was hit by a Mack truck. Oh Lord, I just sniffled. It's already begun! NOOOOOOO!!! I already have another issue within my body to deal with! I don't want to be sick too!! AH-CHOO! Serioulsy? I did just sneeze........oh shit. This sucks!

0 flame(s) added to the fire: